Monday, April 8, 2013

Canstructures

This past Saturday the boys and I ventured off to our local 3rd Annual Canstruction event, which is being held at the state museum. 

Canstruction is a friendly design competition that helps fight hunger in cities all over America.  The "canstructures" were assembled by teams of architects, engineers, contractors and students who came together to create some really innovative structures using only canned goods.  Visitors can vote for their favorite canstructure by bringing canned goods to the exhibition and using them as ballots.  At the end of the event all of the canned goods go to the food pantry. 

Of course when I asked my boys to grab some cans from our pantry so we would be able to vote, they picked various canned vegetables.

The Hungry Caterpillar


Mario


Emerald City

 The canstructure that received my vote was:

Einstein
My boys all voted for the Despicable Me Canstructure

The Despicable Me team also offered face/arm painting which I think really helped to ensure their win.




After our votes were cast we wandered around the rest of the museum.

Of course we waited in line to ride the carousel


Taking in the local architecture


My youngest would REALLY like one of these as a pet


Glow in the dark minerals .. awesome


All in all .. we had a can-tastic Saturday.
I couldn't resist


No comments:

Post a Comment