Monday, April 15, 2013

Gold Polka Dots

Gold and Polka Dots .. now that's a beautiful combination!

This was such a quick and easy project for the amount of whimsy and fabulousness that has been added.

 After briefly entertaining the idea of painting circles onto one of my hallways, I realized finding a removable option, ie. vinyl wall decals would be the best option for my fickle self. 
 No painting.  No cleanup.  Sold on vinyl.

After a quick internet search I found polkadotwallstickers.com.  The various sizes and color options left me momentarily overwhelmed (in a good way).  I decided upon 72  3" stickers in gold (because I'm fabulous) which after shipping and handling only cost me $31.  So this project was wicked inexpensive too.

I debated on lining up the circles and making sure everything was perfect and symmetrical, but then my brain started to hurt.  Instead I asked my two youngest children to join me and gave each a sheet with 24 circles and asked them to go to town help me.

Yes it's a horrible iPhone pic that does no justice to my polka dots

15 minutes later we were done.  I wish I was able to capture the shine from the gold as it is gorgeous.  
It looks SO much prettier in person.
I LOVE it. 



xo - Shana


No comments:

Post a Comment