Thursday, March 3, 2011

This post brought to you by the letter "K"

My daughters idea of wall art leaves something to be desired is creative.  You see her bedroom has a little niche where her desk sits that she decided to "decorate".  Bear in mind that she is 11 and did this on her own one afternoon while presumably studying. 


Before .. post-it note art

Cute, interesting .. I've run out of positive ways to spin her art.  So yesterday while trolling through Michael's I stumbled upon a wooden letter "K".  Inspiration struck.. not quite an epiphany but close (no, not really) but anywho.  So what did I do?  Purchased every letter K that was different.  So seven different K's later, grabbed some acrylic paint and headed home.  My kids love nothing more than to paint and craft (although what kids don't) so they got a new project. 


I don't know what happened to the 7th "K"

While I briefly left the kids to paint and also under strict instructions not to paint the table, dog, each other etc. I pulled out some white empty frames and scrap book paper.  Side note.. I don't scrapbook but if I find an interesting paper while out and about I've been known to snag it.  I have no logical explanation other than you never know when you might need a funky sheet of paper, so back to "K's" room.

white frames and scrap book paper

Ohhh my kids even got creative, they put polka dots on one, shadowing paint on another and even tried zebra stripes on a third.  I was even more thrilled to discover that the paint only managed to spread to the fingers.  Got to love relatively mess free projects!!  So after everything dried I broke out my handy-dandy 3M adhesive strips and went to town sticking K's to the wall.

After


I love this project for its ease and next to no cost, also the K's are something we can continue and expand upon in the future.  Or until she decides she tired of that and ready for something else.  I apologize for the pink glow, however the two lamps in her room have pink shades so everything always looks rosy in her room.

xo - Shana

PS.. The dots on her ceiling are glitter, before we moved in I jazzed it up

No comments:

Post a Comment