Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Shrimp it's What's NOT for Dinner

I almost feel that as soon as I posted about my dinner plans yesterday the universe then started conspiring and laughing. 

Who? Me? Paranoid??
Nahh.

I get home from my 9-5 (alright to be technical 8:15 - 4:45) and put on my new pink grilling apron.  My darling children Christmas this past year gifted me with said apron knowing my love of both the grill and all things pink. 

Aren't they such good kids?!

Very first thing I do after going through the mail, kiss said darling children, change my clothes is put on my snazzy apron.  As the weather last night where I live was bea-U-tiful I gather all my ingredients and take this show outside.  The shrimp is marinating I have a glass of wine poured...


See how happy I am in my pink grill apron?!



.. $hit I forgot to start the grill. 

.. "I'm out of propane??"  "Why did you not mention to me when I said I'm going to grill dinner that we were out of propane?"  "How was I supposed to know that we were out of propane if you never told me?"  I'll spare you the rest of the mundane conversation .. suffice to say I elected to run to Lowes to get a new propane tank (the wine was poured but untouched).

Lil bit steamed at having to run out for propane

Home from Lowes where i had managed to snag a parking spot next to the handicap spots.  I always do a little happy dance inside when I can park my car relatively close to the door. 
 Maybe it's just me?
The shrimp is finally on the barbie so I ask Mr. Man to keep an eye on the grill while I inspect the kiddos homework.  Long story short Mr. Man didn't hear me ask him to watch the shrimp. In fact the words "I thought you were in charge of dinner" came out of his mouth.


Flames are coming out of my head because I'm so angry

My dinner for the record looked like this:
NOT tasty
So Mr. Man in an attempt to diffuse my tension he rounded up the kids and took them to Panera.  Finding myself suddenly alone I was able to drink my glass of wine while watching the night stars make their appearance in peace and quiet.


Guess I got the last laugh   :)

xo - Shana

1 comment:

  1. Panera beats grilled cheese any day! The children were well fed and you got to relax. It's a win-win for you.

    ReplyDelete