Thursday, February 24, 2011

Light Up My Life

Boy oh Boy do I have some lighting issues (among others).  My house was designed so when you enter "hello..  foyer, dining room, living room" all in front of you.  No dividing walls or anything for that matter to differentiate the rooms.  So what does this mean other than the fact that I need to constantly keep three areas clean and tidy?  All of the lighting fixtures are visible when you walk in the door.  So immediately there is the ugly interesting fixture in my foyer, not one but two mismatched ceiling fans and a pendant, and NONE of them matches.  Not that I am one for everything being all matchy matchy but cohesiveness would be nice.  Right?! 

Foyer light

Ceiling fan #1 and foyer light


Dining room pendant and ceiling fan #2




So I have been living with these light fixtures since I moved in back in August .. enough is enough.  Ready for the plan?  Alright I'm going to start by moving the pendant light over the dining room table to the foyer.  By the way, whose idea was that in the first place?!  I mean did the previous owners have a bistro table?  Any who the scale is ALL wrong for my dining table which can expand to seat eight.  So what am I going to hang over the dining room table you ask?  Well the most gorg (IMO) chandelier.  It's a five arm, twenty inch beauty that has hurricane shaped light coverings.  However before I hang Sheila (I have a penchant for naming various items throughout my house) I plan on spray painting her to a similar finish as the pendant which will be hanging in the foyer.  Hopefully the weather will cooperate this weekend and I will have some wonderful after photos.  Then I can move on to the ceiling fans, I have some ideas but am waiting to get Sheila situated first.  I just remind myself that Rome wasn't built in a day.

xo - Shana 

1 comment:

  1. Welcome! I love finding new blogs and meeting new bloggers. Can't wait to see what you do!
    -Danika

    ReplyDelete