Monday, February 28, 2011

What's Cooking ..

Is it just me or are there never enough hours in the day to complete the infamous To-Do list?!  Ugh and as soon as I cross one item off you had better believe I am adding two more.  So this week my projects are simple ..
  • Paint the walls in the stairway - it is currently Behr "Porpoise" and I'm switching it up to Behr "Rhino", color matched using Olympic paint as I  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Zero VOC's.

Porpoise

Rhino



I know it is a HUGE difference right? The stairway currently seems very dark and the purple undertones are driving me crazy.  So my hope is that the Rhino will better compliment my "vision".
  • Measure the wall in my living/dining room for wallpaper, oh and order said paper.  This is the wall on your right when you walk in the door and as I am currently crushing on geometric patterns... although an oversized floral in neutral tones could easily sway me. Decisions, decisions.


  • Stain my wooden banister a rich ebony color a la
Image via House & Home

Image via Elle Decor



  • Make the dining/living room light-tastic.  Four mismatched ceiling fixtures in one large room is no longer acceptable. 

So that's it .. four easy peasy projects.  Now if I was feeling really ambitious and had the time I could probably get at least two of them done tonight (stairway, railing and banister, and measure the wall for wallpaper).  However we will see what the evening brings, besides there is an all new Gossip Girl on tonight, lol. 

xo- Shana

No comments:

Post a Comment