Thursday, March 31, 2011

So Fresh and So Clean



I thought that today I would do a little break down of my cleaning habits.  Not to be confused with the big clean that happens seasonally.  I have a little bit of OCD and am obsessive about keeping a clean house, despite the efforts of my four darling children. 

My daily 10 second tidy goes a little something like this:
  • wiping down the kitchen counters and stovetop
  • loading, running, and unloading the dishwasher
  • sorting the mail (paying bills & shredding junk mail as I can't stand piles of paper)
  • wiping down the sinks in the bathrooms (yes with 4 children this needs to be done daily)
  • taking out the garbage
 These little efforts help me to sleep easier and take about 20 minutes total; not to mention they go a long way towards making the house feel nice and clean. 

Then there are a few things I like have to do a couple times of week:
  • vacuum the bedrooms and area rugs (my house is very high traffic)
  • laundry


When it comes to wiping things down, things like the counters and stovetop, I l-o-v-e method all purpose cleaner.  The smell of the pink grapefruit is ah-mazing and the fact that it's a green product, so it's non-toxic and contains biodegradable ingredients.. fabulous!!  In fact I only use method cleaning products as I can't stand the harsh chemical stench that the majority of the cleaning products give off.  So that's the cleaning schedule that works for me.

xo - Shana

PS. method did not gift me any of their wonderful products, they don't even know I exist.


No comments:

Post a Comment